€600 - €700 per day
5 months ago
Are you an experienced Procurement/Purchasing Business Partner? Do you have a broad background covering the operations of multiple direct and indirect categories internationally?
1st Executive are recruiting on behalf of a global, industry leading pharmaceutical business undergoing initiatives to promote cost reduction, value improvement and eSourcing process.
If you are an experienced business partner to such procurement projects, I look forward to seeing your job application.
- As Procurement Business Partner, you are the key contact to translate requirements of the business to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant.
- You will get support from the existing regional category management teams and the global procurement organisation, to ensure the correct balance of resources are utilised to deliver projects and as such be able to deliver best-in-class procurement support to the organisation.
- You will monitor progress of requests and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestors.
- You will have direct interaction with senior management teams and multiple other functions at the sites, while always representing company vlaues according to code of conduct and ethics code.
- Act as the face of Procurement and the go to person for the business for any procurement related activities in Switzerland
- Gathering requirements for global strategies and plans, and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as requested
- Responsible for driving procurement penetration and compliance to Procurement Policy and other Procurement initiatives and ensuring that indirect spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This will include agreeing targets with Procurement Lead and performing to those targets.
- Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Leads and in alignment with the global Processes and Systems team.
- Responsible for interfacing spend and/or performance data requests, (e.g. savings, quality data, spend data) to support the creation and monitoring of target and performance tracking as requested by Procurement Lead or other Regional / Global team leads
- Responsible for performing continuous professional development activities relevant to Switzerland and facilitate Procurement training requirements
- Act as escalation point for operational issues raised through the contact center or directly by customers/stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc operational buying activities (e.g. spot buys) for medium spend values. As a guide, the role is weighted 70%/30% in favor of individual delivery versus managing remote resources' delivery.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Business level English, and ideally hold a level of fluency in other European languages.
- 5+ years Procurement experience in supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Excellent communication skills and specifications with best value and customer service in mind
- Ideally able to demonstrate a level of understanding on how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations.
- Strong people/stakeholder skills, and have demonstrated capability in upwards management, with the ability to appropriately and respectfully challenge.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in Category Management principles and frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding of some or the entire major spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
- Preferably you bring documented international strategic sourcing within indirect- and direct related categories or cost reduction experience, pharmaceutical industry experience and international strategic sourcing experience.
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous.
- Degree level education is necessary.