Belfast, County Antrim
£110 - £130 per day
J11814 - 2408_1535127651
5 months ago
- Interim Planner/Buyer
- £110-130p/d, Belfast
A Supply Chain Planning/Buying professional is required for an exciting role in Belfast providing support to the Supply chain function as a Planner/Buyer for a Global500 energy and utilities organisation, and world leader. A fantastic opportunity to develop your experience in a fast-paced, dynamic function.
- Perform and manage the procurement of both direct and indirect material for the support of a manufacturing plant via the Oracle ERP system.
- Procure and/or schedule an inbound supply chain to align with ASCP requirements while supporting plant inventory targets. Adheres to corporate policies and guidelines for the procurement and control of direct and indirect material.
- Ensure that purchasing documents are processed completely and accurately and submitted on-time to suppliers; responsible for maintaining correct costs and data entry and follows the complete procurement process from PO submission to invoicing.
- Ensure replenishment, call off and supplier managed inventory process are maintained and managed to ensure on time delivery and inventory levels are maintained.
- Manages component change and the introduction of new parts through the planning process.
- Monitor and report key performance metrics, including supplier on-time delivery, order execution, supplier payments et al
- Communicating and working through any issues that could impact the manufacturing process and elevating concerns as necessary.
- Works closely with Sourcing to deliver deflation and persistently looks for and communicates opportunities for cost reduction / avoidance.
- Assists the Materials team in maintaining accurate physical vs. perpetual inventory records, safety stocks, supplier forecasts, etc.
- Conduct functional training for Planner/Buyers as well as rolling out communication and provide subsequent training that is a result of system changes and/or enhancements.
- 18-24 months' Supply Chain Planning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Oracle system experience