West London, London
£300 - £375 per day
SS - 11668_1532095424
4 months ago
Interim Logistics Buyer - West London
We are currently recruiting for a global FMCG business in West London who need you to join a successful team and help in the delivery of £100Ms of net savings over the next two years.
The Interim Logistics Buyer is a fundamental position to enable the Logistics team in Production Procurement deliver their objectives by:
- Create and execute comprehensive regional sourcing strategies for Warehousing, Distribution and Repacking, operating with a truly strategic mindset and ensuring all applicable dimensions are accommodated
- Identify sustainable, long term savings opportunities through the strategy creation process, identifying and exploring all potential value levers
- Be an expert in the Logistics commodities industry
This role offers a unique opportunity to help manage the biggest region in the logistics supply chain. The role of the category buyer will be to support, and Manufacturing logistics across all EU markets and sites, with focus on every leg of the journey of the company products, into manufacturing sites and onto customers.
The candidate will be expected to liaise and partner with stakeholders across Regional Supply Chain, Customer Supply Chain, Global Logistics Strategy and Site Logistics, thus offering a unique overarching view of the European supply chain across all business units.
Knowledge of logistics procurement is fundamental given the spend in the region and pace at which negotiations are held with suppliers. You must also be able to work across boundaries and challenge the business back using in depth logistics category knowledge and benchmarking.
You will have:
- Deep category knowledge of logistics procurement
- Knowledge of relevant global supply markets
- Project & change experience
- Ability to work cross functionally across a complex matrix organisation
If you are interested in the Interim Logistics Buyer - West London post, please call Sam on 01483 213 304 to discuss in detail.