£450 - £550 per day
7 months ago
1st Executive are retained on behalf of a global FTSE100 Oil & Gas Supermajor, who are seeking an experienced procurement / sourcing lead with a strong track record in IT Applications sourcing, ahead of a number of forthcoming project requirements. This sits within a truly dynamic and progressive procurement function that will no doubt present some very interesting works.
This role reports directly into the Category Sourcing Director for Application Development) and will be part of a team with responsibility for all strategic sourcing, negotiation & supplier management within the Application Development category. This encompasses all commercial aspects from the initial selection of suppliers, the negotiation of commercial & contractual terms, participating and/or leading in a supplier governance model, and coordinating with each IT functional area on their sourcing requirements and expectations. This role will support the Category Sourcing Director and/or lead where necessary, in any contract disputes or negotiations with vendors.
- Execute against the strategy and annual plan for the category that includes:
- business priorities
- key contract renewals
- improvement areas for key vendors
- process improvements
- optimisation of company volumes and category expertise
- preferred supplier adoption
- savings target
- Develop & execute appropriate supplier governance to effectively manage third parties, participating in vendor relationship governance meetings including performance review and obligations tracking and value leakage prevention.
- Maintain vendor group-wide performance management materials such as metrics and score cards to drive desired vendor behaviour / required outcomes
- Execute the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
- Drive to remedy inconsistent vendor performance across the enterprise and improve vendor performance / optimising allocation of spend
- Modify Service Levels and create new Service Levels over the terms of the agreements
- Participate in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Interface where relevant with the global business.
- Effective optimization and utilization of global business to deliver sourcing activities
- Lead procurement projects including the negotiation of Application Development Release orders, contracts & commercial terms consistent with maximizing business value for IT
- Maximise benefits to the company as a whole, by leveraging enterprise-wide spend with each vendor and contributing to the segments/functions being informed on vendor choice for new contract awards
- Maximise the value of contracts throughout the company, extending suppliers' service across the organisation to drive additional value
- Extensive experience across sourcing Application Development, Application Maintenance and MSA Agreements.
- Material and demonstrable applied expertise in Application Development, Application Maintenance, IT Operations, IT Procurement
- In depth experience of managing high value multi vendor strategic supplier relationships
- Demonstrable experience of vendor management with considerable experience in Application Development procurement, vendor management and applying industry best practice
- Experience in articulating, delivering and managing Transition and Transformation requirements and IT and Applications Development work orders
- Ability to interpret contract language and develop a position
- Specific experience of operating within a global matrixed organisation. With a proven track record of influencing large teams of a diverse nature
- Specific and in depth understanding of the category supply market and value drivers
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience in negotiating multi-million commercial IT contracts
- Ability to engage mid to senior business and IT personnel in an influential manner, to win over stakeholder consensus