Interim IT Programme Manager £45 p/d
£40 - £45 per hour
6 months ago
One of the worlds largest and most recognisable grid solutions providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim IT Programme Manager.
This is an initial 12 month interim contract offering up to £45 p.h inside IR35 and majority remote working (some travel to Stafford office required).
As a Controls Software Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Controls Software component of an HVDC system and will report to the Software Delivery Manager within the Controls Software Function (Delivery team for the HVDC).
* Creating the software plan to ensure on-time delivery of software according to the project milestones.
* Run daily stand up meetings in line with the Scrum methodology and ensures that resources are fully engaged on the project
* Arrange and participate in other meetings as required
* Ensure that resource requirements are raised and managed effectively
* Ensure that the project understands and tracks against its budget
* Create and present clear project reports according to the standards that have been defined
* Manage project risk and mitigation plans as required
* Work with the Project Management team to ensure that schedule integrity is maintained
* Demonstrates process conformance and quality assurance throughout the software development lifecycle
* Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
The candidate will typically be educated to degree level in electrical, electronic engineering or computer science and have at least 5 years' experience in a relevant industry. The candidate will also have some demonstrable Project Management experience ideally with current qualifications in this field. The candidate will be able to speak clearly and concisely and understands the importance of giving consistent information. The candidate will be comfortable in working to tight deadlines, be flexible in working times when required and bring a practical approach to solving problems.
* Educated to degree level in electrical, Power System
* Experienced in Project Management for controls system development or energy automation
* Demonstrable understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
* Clear and concise communication style
* Good written and spoken English
* Comfortable in managing teams of technical people
* Practical experience of JIRA
* Practical experience of Scrum
* Good Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills