£350 - £450 per day
10 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a global manufacturing organisation, who are seeking an experienced purchasing professional with a strong category track record across a number of indirect spends, ideally with a strong focus on Facilities Management.
- You will be responsible for managing a diverse range of suppliers, across industry and category.
- Drafting contracts, writing amendments to existing and negotiating changes.
- Conducting supplier tenders from start to finish.
- On-boarding of new suppliers off-boarding of existing ones due to non-performance, unsuccessful renewals bids and other similar reasons.
- Conducting supplier rationalisation analysis and kick-start initiatives in this area.
- Some travel - both UK and International (very occasionally).
- Proven track record across a variety of different categories - this role will pre-dominantly focus on FM (large spend on Security and other related FM etc).
- Not only a strong buying/purchasing track record, but also strategic category management & Leadership skills are key to this position.
- Fully competent in drafting contracts and framework agreements including mitigation of risk to the business& excellent appreciation of legal clauses, not just pricing / SLA elements.
- Demonstrable experience of the procurement life cycle
- Confidence in negotiating with suppliers, and making recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- UK travel and occasional European travel may be required
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- Team player with cultural sensitivity
- Able to work within a demanding and changing environment
- IT skills in terms of data analysis, manipulation and presentations
- Strong communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Proactive approach / Self starter
- Ideally you will have currently vali SC but not essential.