£400 - £600 per day
SS - 12142_1542204920
about 1 month ago
Interim Head of Economic Development, Bristol
Interim Head of Economic Development required for a public sector body based in the South West.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to drive forward the delivery of a range of high profile regeneration and growth initiatives and to play a key role in making the connections with and between stakeholders to ensure success.
You will have an excellent all round understanding of the development and planning processes, commercial acumen and a well-tuned ability to effectively work with residents, businesses, politicians and development or investment interests.
Amongst a diverse portfolio you will lead on area based initiatives, development of and investment in strategic sites, housing investment and employment growth areas.
- You needs to be an expert on economic development - you need to live and breathe it. This position will involve both strategy and tactical activities
- You need to be an excellent people manager (or at least have the makings of one)
- You need to have substantial experience of economic development in a regeneration context.
- You need a detailed understanding of what "inclusive growth" means and know how to achieve it with success
- You need to be able to hit the ground running, understand instantly what "good" looks like, and pro-actively build quality relationships with team members as well as stakeholders to achieve desired results
To discuss this position in detail, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.