£300 - £350 per day
about 1 month ago
- Interim Head of Corporate Secretariat - £300-350p/d (inside IR35)
An Interim Head of Corporate Secretariat at £300-350p/d (inside IR35) is required for a public sector organisation based in Bristol. A 6 month contract, very likely to extend, this is an exciting opportunity within undertaking effective secretarial and support services management, engagin with senior stakeholders. A great role for any candidate who is looking to develop their experience within a diverse and fast-paced function.
- Leading the Corporate Secretariat team in ensuring that effective support and secretarial services are provided to senior stakeholders and directors.
- Organising the duties of directors, Overseeing transparent corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring the directors are informed of the latest developments in legal, regulatory or corporate governance.
- Acting as the representative for the Secretariat team in internal meetings by taking accurate minutes.
- Ensure the Agency's overall compliance with corporate governance best practice and governance requirements.
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective secretariat to the Board and its sub-Boards and Committees
- Communicating and promoting good governance across the Agency and helping to drive a positive governance culture where any member of staff can understand how decisions are made within the Agency.
- Daily contact with Directors and Corporate Senior Leaders to provide expert advice and guidance on governance policies and processes, anticipating issues before they reach the point of escalation
- Work closely with the Head of Strategy, Planning and Performance to ensure that the Board and Committee agendas support the strategic direction of the agency
- Work closely with the Head of Assurance and Assurance, Risk and Business Continuity Manager to ensure governance requirements are in-line with assurance needs of the Agency and vice versa.
- Previous secretariat experience
- Previous minute taking experience
- Thorough understanding of governance
- Management experience highly desired