Up to £750 per day
SS - 10965_1515488730
4 months ago
My client is a leading multinational provider of IT products and services including Software, Hardware, Networking and business solutions.
They are looking to recruit a Global Travel Category manager to perform a strategic programme of work around the Travel Category including payment solutions, credit cards and travel policy which is a first for my client as an organisation.
The category has a spend c.£300m and the organisation has in excess of 150,000 employees globally.
- Drive both the daily operations and the global strategy for the Travel program, both of which should be consistent with company culture, policies, and travel spend parameters
- Manage supplier relationships for travel partners, including negotiating and managing contracts with travel suppliers/partners, RFPs. partner management, etc.
- Use strong communication, presentation and influencing skills to identify issues, negotiate proposed solutions, present to key stakeholders and implement solutions across the company
- Implement compliance management processes to measure travel policy compliance and recommend actions accordingly
- Implement high quality Travel Management Company solution(s) starting with Europe
- Implement automated booking and expense management solutions
- Investigate and implement best practice payment solutions including lodge cards and walk in cards
- Define and deliver KPIs and reporting processes: track and analyze travel program progress and create relevant reporting and dashboards for actionable decision-making by executives
- Drive process improvements to increase efficiency balancing customer-first mindset and cost effectiveness and fairness
- Leverage peer and industry best practices and benchmarks to make recommendations for continuous program improvement and offerings. Remain current with relevant industry changes and trends
- Partner regularly with customers to understand travel needs of all types of travellers and ensure the program balances effectively between customer experience and compliance
- Work with marketing and event management to maximize savings opportunities for flights, hotels and catering for major company events
- Develop and deliver innovative, interactive training for travellers
- 10+ years of global travel management experience required
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders across all regions
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to effectively communicate to senior level personnel both written or verbally
- Certified Travel Expert (CTE) or similar education preferred
- Membership with relevant Business Travel Association preferred
- Knowledge of Online Booking Tools required
- Ability to work independently and drive change is necessary
- Knowledge of payment solutions and expense management solutions required
- Team oriented and interpersonal skills (ability to collaborate cross-functionally).
- Bachelor's Degree