£400 - £500 per day
11 days ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Project Manager for Finance Transformation.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering up to 500 p/d inside IR35 with hybrid working. Mostly home working with some travel to London required.
Project Manager - Finance Transformation
The client is seeking to transform its Finance operational model to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of the services it provides to its stakeholder base
The proposed new model will:
- deliver better, streamlined services
- allow us to leverage greater value from our existing technology investments, whilst introducing more up to date enabling technologies to drive efficiencies through greater automation
- deliver lower costs through both centralising our finance resources and by introducing productivity and efficiency gains throughout the overall Finance function
- ensure all services operate within an appropriately controlled environment
To support these enhancements, there is an associated programme of technology-enabled process improvements. In the immediate term, this includes replacing legacy banking systems and introducing an In-House cash management capability. There are longer term opportunities to support further automation and simplification projects in this area.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, to work as part of the overall Finance Transformation team, who will be responsible for the overall delivery of the supporting technical solutions, according to agreed timescales, quality & budgets. There will be a requirement to manage deliverables from both internal and external parties and support a Solution Discovery process and an RFI/RFP exercise.
The Project Manager will report into the Finance Transformation Director and will be supported by IT delivery leads, JM Global Process Owners and Change Management resources, to ensure the project delivers specified business requirements and meets the desired project outcomes.
The role is expected to last between 6 - 18 months and will be required to cover all aspects of the delivery, including people and change, data, process and technology.
- Planning e-2-e delivery from Requirements to Hypercare (fully documented with activities, resources, timelines)
- Completing impact assessments and action plans for all project areas (people, process, data & tech) to inform planning
- Identifying and managing dependencies within and between the immediate projects and with external projects/business areas, where the technology or process extends beyond immediate Transformation drivers
- Designing project structure to ensure capable of meeting plan (resource capacity & capability)
- Managing project team and activities; responsible for completion of project tasks & deliverables
- Controlling day-to-day activities to ensure progress to plan is maintained and outputs are delivered; tracking progress of schedule, cost and quality
- Managing and reporting Budgets, Costs and Forecasts
- Production of Project Charter, Status Reporting, Escalations & Decisions, Gate Reviews (supported by JMIT PMO)
- Following the JMIT project delivery and governance framework including stage gate management and Change Control
- Tracking risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, scope changes, actions and decisions, escalating as appropriate
- Managing cut-over of existing processes/systems, including any Data migrations/updates
- Ensuring training, communications and business readiness is fully scoped and managed through delivery
- Ensuring all processes adhere to JM standards, specifically including all necessary Controls
Skills & Experience
- Qualified project manager
- Experience in managing Finance projects
- Experience in managing Technology projects
- Business Change management
- Stakeholder engagement