£0.00 - £200 per day
4 months ago
Interim Electronics Buyer required to join an innovative technology group on an initial 3 month contract in Surrey. The company is helping design and build pioneering technology solutions across a broad range of industries and markets
You will be responsible for the procurement of all raw components associated with the manufacture of their electronic and electro-mechanical products.
- Analysing MRP data prior to placing of purchase orders for raw components.
- Negotiating all terms and conditions in line with business practices to achieve best price and quality.
- Ensuring that purchase orders are placed to match the build requirements of production schedule.
- Maintenance of part numbers, Bills of Materials and associated information (prices, lead times etc) within Sage MRP system.
- Providing engineers with details of alternative components should lead time of components not fulfil production requirements or parts become obsolete.
You must be able to demonstrate;
- Previous electronic component level procurement experience is essential and an understanding of the electronic components market
- Excellent communication skills with both external suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of negotiation and strong problem-solving skills
- Previous experience of managing teams, suppliers & service providers in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- In depth understanding of MRP procurement system
- Ability to assess total cost of parts and not just the raw component cost
Day Rate: £200 per day
Duration: Initial 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity then please give me a call today directly on 01483 213 302 or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org