City of London, London
Up to £550 per day
SS - 11524_1528876690
9 months ago
1st Executive are working with a prestigious public sector body to recruit a Digital Solution Designer to design a solution which will support a growing portfolio of digital transformation initiatives.
Working as part of wider team you will be responsible for understanding business requirements and then estimating and shaping software solutions to deliver them. The core activities for the team are:
- Interpret and support the elaboration of business requirements
- Consider solution options that might support the delivery of requirements, including those in already in existence within WCC
- Devise and design software solutions to then:
- Work within wider IT to agree and estimate the delivery costs for the proposed solution
- Work with Digital Transformation colleagues and business stakeholders to agree the proposed solution
- Act as the IT solution subject matter expert during all phases of the solutions delivery
This is an exciting and challenging role for someone to develop their skills interpreting both functional and non-functional requirements to design software solutions and support their delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Work within a team to develop and maintain core architectural principles, standards and policies
- Responsible for defining technology solutions, stage 0 costs, solution sizing, to meet business requirements, in line with Digital service outcomes & the IT enterprise architecture. Work with the external IT supply chain as appropriate.
- Adding clarity to business requirements; challenges business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
- Identifying common or duplicative needs across services
- Thinks outside of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request.
- Advises on supplier and cost options, and to ensure that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof of concept solutions
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that solutions adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
- Able to rationalise between different solution options in a complex environment and define pros and cons based on a driving forces from a commercial, operational and technology viewpoint.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: able to "draw out" the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of technical requirements that consider all stakeholders
- Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work
- Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas "to the table"
- Proven design experience across a variety of technologies and platforms
- A good understanding of software delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile etc.)
- Experience of working with third party delivery partners, and within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams
- Exposure to Microservice and event driven architectures
- Exposure to Web App development, and Mobile App development
- Exposure to working with a Platforms as a Service (PAAS), specifically MS Azure
- Exposure to working with cloud services, and APIs
- Experience in the local government, or planning, housing, city management, and social care strongly preferred
- In depth experience in MS Dynamics 365
- Experience in RPA & AI
- Experience working with MS Azure