£200 - £350 per day
SS - 12980_1560765207
about 1 year ago
Interim Data & Systems Officer
Interim Data & Systems Officer required to develop, manage and maintain reports across a database with a public sector body using BI software to devlier a mapping and street naming service.
Work with services to improve the quality of information that is recorded on IT systems and contribute towards improvement across the service by understanding and applying best practice in use elsewhere.
Data is becoming increasingly important to organisations and the post holder will lead on data for the council, drive improvements in high standards of data quality, ensuring managers understand it's importance and their role in the production of high quality data and reports. They will lead on records and data management, producing appropriate strategies and procedures.
Using reporting software to produce regular reports on data is essential for the council to understand its performance and intelligence and the provision of timely reports will be a key indicator of success. There is a need for all disciplines within the BI service to work collaboratively recognising that the requirements for BI are appropriately specified, good practise shared and projects/tasks where needed are jointly worked through, coordinated and planned to delivery.
- Experience of planning and co-ordinating the implementation and management of corporate or large information systems or demonstrable experience of maintaining an LLPG or similar.
- Experience of data and systems in a large and complex organisation, including managing projects to timescales
- Extensive experience of data manipulation using software including Excel or Access
- Experience of developing reports using systems such as Business Objects or SSRS
- Demonstrable experience of street naming and numbering or maintaining Street Gazetteer (desirable)
To discuss the Interim Data & Systems Officer position, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.