Interim Cyber Security Systems Engineer £575 P/D
£500 - £575 per day
5 months ago
One of the Worlds largest and most innovative Aerospace providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Cyber Security Systems Engineer.
This is a 6-month interim role offering up to £570 p/d inside IR35. The client is based in Newport and requires full time on site due to security considerations. Possible to condense to a 4-day working week.
Candidates with existing SC Clearance are strongly preferred.
System Engineer (Cyber Security)
Reporting to the SDA (Senior Design Authority) as the System Engineer you will collaborate with a multi-functional team including Software, Hardware, Mechanical and FPGA engineers to deliver High Grade Crypto and Key Management solutions and will provide "system level" thinking and solutions to the team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Follow Systems Engineering processes to develop technical solutions, to engineering problems, and ensuring customer and stakeholder requirements are satisfied.
- Develop Systems Engineering artefacts across the product development lifecycle.
- Ensure effective engineering processes are utilised in the execution of the project.
- Collaborate with the system, hardware and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Contribute to the development of the engineering department functions and procedures.
- Involvement in the full lifecycle (from requirements elicitation through to verification/certification and delivery)
Skills and Experience
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent experience.
- Fundamental understanding of Systems Engineering and associated processes/lifecycles.
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience across the full Systems Engineering lifecycle
- UK National
- Experience of DOORS, SysML, UML, Enterprise Architect, JIRA
- Knowledge of communication protocols (such as IP, IPSec, SIP) and/or Public Key Infrastructure
- Software Engineering background (preferably with C++ / C expertise).
INCOSE - ASEP/CSEP/ESEP Certification