West Midlands, England
£150.00 - £250.00 per day
5 months ago
Our client, a FTSE 100 engineering company who have grown heavily through acquisition are looking for an experienced Commodity Buyer to join their existing capital expenditure category team on an interim basis.
Role: Global remit, where you will be responsible for a spend of $10million. As the Commodity Buyer, you will be responsible for sourcing a wide scope of commodities including Electrical Components, Control Cubicle Equipment, Power Supplies, Terminal Blocks and factored products. You will be negotiating with suppliers in order to drive down cost for the business and ensure the quality, cost, and supply is in line with the business strategy.
- 3-5 year's experience in sourcing, purchasing or buying function, ideally across CAPEX or engineering related categories.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Key product knowledge in Electronics / Electrical components
- SAP experience
- International sourcing and stakeholder management experience
- Previous experience working in a target driven environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines