Up to £400 per day
SS - 11296_1522073083
10 months ago
1st Executive have been retained by a large public sector organisation to recruit and Interim Commissioning Officer for an initial 3 month contract.
- To support the strategic commissioning, planning and development of social and health care services for adults.
- To lead the management and delivery of commissioning projects, research and analysis as agreed with the Head of Commissioning.
- To support the involvement of service users, carers, providers and the public in the development of health and social care services.
- To assist in developing effective commissioning practices, policies and procedures for the Commissioning and Business Support Service.
- To work across the directorate to help deliver new developments arising from continuous improvement and modernisation plans such as early intervention and prevention, choice and control (personalisation), and increasing partnership with NHS commissioning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake needs assessment and gap analysis to identify current and future needs in the borough to inform commissioning strategies and decision making. This will involve close working all parts of Children's and Adult's services on key projects, and with partners such as health, housing and transport on for example the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
- Undertake evaluations of commissioned services as required.
- Ensure all projects and commissioned services are based on sound, impartial and auditable evidence.
- Review national legislation, guidance, policy, best practice and local information to support needs assessments and gap analysis, and produce reports of findings and recommendations as required.
- Gather, review and analyse statistical and qualitative data from service providers, users, carers and other sources to inform commissioning decisions and performance across adult services.
- Provide project management support to Children's and Adult Services as required. This will include (but is not limited to) establishment of project management systems and monitoring project progress with a view to providing regular updates to the Head of Commissioning and Directorate Management Team.
- Support the Head of Commissioning by leading partnership infrastructures and arrangements as required.
- Develop positive working relationships with a wide range of health, housing and social care providers and work to achieve a common strategic direction of service development.
- Write the commissioning strategies for mental health, learning disabilities and autism and work closely with colleagues to ensure co-ordination where responsibilities overlap eg dementia, drugs and alcohol, prison.
- Undertake research and analysis of successful service models to help provide the evidence base for effective health and social care commissioning.
- Attend regional groups and networks as agreed with the Head of Commissioning.
- Support the dissemination of information to key internal and external personnel.
- Communicate well with service users and carers, ensuring their involvement in all aspects of strategic planning and providing information relevant to plans and strategies.
- Lead tendering processes for relevant contracts working closely with support from the council's Commercial Hub and ensure work is in compliance with the Council's Standing Financial Orders.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the level of the post as required.