£400 - £500 per day
9 months ago
- Interim Category Manager - Transport & Logistics - £400-500p/d
An Interim Transport & Logistics Category Manager at £400-500p/d is required for a global FTSE100 FMCG organisation based in Warwickshire. A 6 month contract, likely to extend, this is an exciting opportunity within leading transformation across the Transport & Logistics categories and management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, for a candidate with a strong background in Transport & Logistics, who is looking to develop their experience within a global, diverse and fast-paced function.
- Working within the Logistics Category, focusing primarily on transformation of the Transport category and the procurement of Fleet services.
- Undertaking a review and potential transformational overhaul of the operations of the transport sub-category, through cost reduction, supplier rationalisation, innovative new short time-bound logistics projects and supplier management.
- Managing and engaging with suppliers and strategic partners in 3PL and 4PL logistics categories.
- Development, transformation & implementation of Transport & Logistics category purchasing strategies.
- Management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, from supplier selection, contract and price negotiation, management of the tender process, through to post-contract award SRM and performance assessment
- 5 years + experience in Transport & Logistics
- Ideally degree qualified
- Prior retail or FMCG industry experience within Logistics
- Complex, matrix organisation experience
- Adaptable, innovative individual able to drive new initiatives within the team