Greater London, England
£400 - £500 per day
3 months ago
Interim Category Manager Procurement Operations - £400 to £500 pd
My client, a world leader in Oil & Gas, are seeking a knowledgeable Category Manager for Procurement Operations, on an interim basis. This role is a 6 month contract, paying between £400 and £500 per day depending on experience, based in Greater London.
Currently in RFP stage and undertaking a large strategic sourcing project, with spends of £350m, my client require someone to support the business, identify business requirements and ensure these are fulfilled.
- Developing and managing the relationship with the business, while ensuring alignment to business strategies
- Understanding regional and global business requirements for third party goods and services
- Develop and maintain profiles of supply market and key suppliers
- Provide information to Senior Management on market trends, commodity cost drivers and cost control strategies
- Establishing the vision and strategic direction for assigned categories
- Development and execution of appropriate market sector strategies
- Developing measures and monitoring annual performance and plans for the category
- Strategic sourcing within area of responsibility
- Evaluate supplier proposal pricing and develop contractual pricing models
- Contract cost management and risk assessment
- Supporting the deployment of the Purchase to Pay solution
- Management of Supplier Relationships
- Demonstrable experience with sourcing BPO in Procurement Operations including P2P, the P2P process and accounts payable
- Experience working with the business and extracting business requirements
- Being a single point of contact for the business function (Such as a business partner)
- Strong stakeholder management skills are required.
- Experience with BPO suppliers would be ideal such as Accenture, Genpact, IBM, Whipro, Infosys and Cognizant
If this role is of interest, please apply for the role now or call Claire Shipman ASAP on 01483 213310.