Up to £550 per day
SS - 11042_1516712408
8 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a large local authority, undergoing change throughout their existing category / procurement structure. They require an experienced public sector procurement professional with a proven track record across a number of different category management spend areas to join their team on an initial 6 month interim contract. NOTE: This role sits within IR35.
To act as Category Lead for the Corporate Services procurement covering the following areas:
- IT including standard hardware and software purchases as well as Service solutions and associated support services
- Facilities management: Security, Cleaning, Catering, Office relocation and other FM support services
- Energy Supplies Contracts
- Vehicle Fleet supplies and support services
- Temporary Accommodation supplies both for meeting statutory homelessness obligations and other statutory requirements within Children and Adult social care
- Financial services including Pensions, Debt Management, Treasury and Insurance procurements
- Human Resources and People related consultancy procurements
- Communications, Consultation and Town Centre regeneration
- Category leadership experience, within service context on procurement planning, control and approval procedures and to have extensive knowledge of the market with regards to key commodities and categories of supply and services for this Category.
- To have sound commercial acumen in relation to this Category and to be able to deploy commercial expertise to ensure that the Council achieves Value for Money and manage the risks associated with all contracting activities under this Category.
- European Union and United Kingdom public sector procurement methodology and best practice.
- The effective management of contracts from inception to delivery, including establishing effective Key Performance Indicators, collaborative working, dispute resolution, and negotiation of contracts taking account of current and emerging issues within this Category.
- Managing staff, directly and through project and matrix working.
- Strong organisational and planning skills at both strategic and operational levels combined with high level supplier management and stakeholder management capability.
A relevant professional qualification such a CIPS and/or extensive experience of procurement at a senior level within a public sector context.