North London, London
Up to £350 per day
3 months ago
Interim Category Manager - Construction, £350/Day
We are working with a public sector body to recruit an Interim Category Manager to focus on the procurement of construction related projects key to the organisations strategic objectives.
You will support the efficient and cost effective procurement of externally provided services delivered to the organisation. This includes the provision of services by independent trading units operated by the organisation.
You will lead on the procurement work stream for a range of major and strategically significant contracts within the construction category.
Working in liaison with the Project Sponsor and Project Board/Team, support will be provided through:
- The provision of advice to the Project Sponsor and Project Board/Team on the Council's procurement processes and best practice with regards to the commercial aspects of procurement activities,
- Leading on project management of the procurement work-stream,
- Sourcing the provider
- Drafting tender and contract documents including support for the development of requirement specification
- Managing the contract award process
You will be expected to specialise on contracting activity within certain categories of spend or certain classes of contract activity so as to gain familiarly with specialist service considerations.
- Demonstrable track record of leading end to end OJEU tenders
- Up to date knowledge of public sector procurement regulations
- Category expertise within the construction and environment categories
If you are interested in discussing the Interim Category Manager - Construction role, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.