Up to £450 per day
SS - 12136_1542184425
7 months ago
Interim Category Manager, Bristol - £450/day
Interim Category Manager required to partner with key business stakeholders to establish best routes to market for challenging procurement projects.
This role is with a public sector organisation so an understanding of OJEU and public sector procurement processes is key.
The position is to support the team in developing high level category management plans and strategy for each of its contracts.
You will be required to embed yourself into business units, quickly building relationships and building high level plans, which identifies relevant approvals, timeframes, risk, TCO, compliance, complexity, transition costs, current service levels etc.
These high level plans will be handed back to the team to implement so effective knowledge transfer forms a major part of this role.
- Be a specialist buyer, skilled in contract management as well as buying (i.e. whole commissioning cycle)
- Have experience in category management
- Have an understanding of supplier relationship management
- Be strongly commercial in nature and "hands on"
- Have excellent influencing skills
- Be able to operate at both a strategic and detailed level
- Have a proven track record in delivering innovative procurement solutions
- Good working knowledge of public sector procurement practices and compliance regime (OJEU regime etc.)
- Have buying experience from the commercial sector
- Have experience in public sector procurement
If you are interested in the Interim Category Manager, Bristol position, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.