£450 - £550 per day
8 months ago
Interim Category Manager (Direct Materials) required to join the procurement function of a British multinational based in Hertfordshire. The company specialise in chemicals and technologies with a real focus on innovation and sustainability and are paying between £450 - £550 per day.
The role will ultimately be responsible for managing the category supplier base for direct material spends (£120m). Understanding the cost drivers and key providers within markets to define best solution for the business and its customers. Negotiating & drafting of contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service, quality, added value, total cost, security of supply and deployment of the supplier's capabilities in innovation are secured.
You must be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or chemical process industry
- Up to date understanding of the supply market, best practices and policies in procurement
- Track record of driving increased value from the supply chain, supplier negotiations and cost optimisation
- Experience in Procurement Strategy development and Low-Cost Countries sourcing.
- A technical university degree (Chemistry or Engineering) would is highly desirable
Duration: initial 3 months
Rate: £450 - £550
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more please contact me directly on 01483 213 302.