Up to £350 per day
RK - 11761_1535448151
9 months ago
Interim Directs Buyer required to join one of the most iconic global automotive manufacturers in the world. Based in London, you will be part of the Procurement function within the Special Operations team which has a particular emphasis on supplier development and effective negotiation.
As a Buyer within Special Operations you will have the opportunity to join a team responsible for sourcing the best Automotive bespoke content. You will be responsible for building and developing key long-term supplier relationships whilst providing commercial & programme support for key bespoke products & commissions.
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services, utilising robust and objective sourcing processes that represent best-in-class practices
- Accountability for cost and budget management for multi-million pound direct-spend portfolios.
- Establish relationships and long term development plans with suppliers based upon common goals and objectives.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business. With an understanding of industry practices (e.g. Six Sigma, PPS)
- Develop detailed and intelligent commodity/category strategies that align with the organisation's commercial and technology roadmaps as well as those of our key development partners.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Cross category procurement experience, ideally with experience of delivering Automotive programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts.
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively.
- Ability to play a lead role in contract negotiation, implementation and management.
- Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organisations.
Rate: £350 per day
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact me on 01483 213 302.