Birmingham, West Midlands
£300 - £350 per day
SS - 13670_1575307511
about 1 year ago
Interim Assistant Procurement Manager
Interim Assistant Procurement Manager required for a 6 month contract with a leading public sector organisation in Birmingham.
You will be responsible for;
- Manage procurements through the procurement life-cycle stages from identifying the business need to contract award drawing on internal and external resources as required;
- Advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes; to ensure that all activities are compliant with regulations;
- Promote importance of procurement across business units and best practice through continuous improvement so that procurement processes are effective in delivering objectives;
- Manage the e-procurement solution for specific projects ensuring all projects are advertised sufficiently, information is correct and meets all UK government transparency requirements and EU procurement legislation;
- Participate in team meetings for procurement, provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives; and
- Provide monthly reports to the Procurement Operations Director which evidence successful delivery of projects.
- Awareness and understanding of procuring through OJEU, established Government frameworks and under the Utilities directives;
- Awareness of various forms of contract and contact drafting; and
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments; Effective analytical and report writing skills;
- Able to build relationships and rapport with key internal, external stakeholders and suppliers.
To discuss the Interim Assistant Procurement Manager role, please call Sam on 01483 213 304