£30000 - £39000 per annum
8 months ago
Indirect Procurement Officer required by a prestigious brand based in Oxford.
You will work with Purchasing Managers/Senior Purchasing Managers and devolved departments in identifying category management and supplier relationship management opportunities, and developing these opportunity areas from strategy definition to implementation to realise savings and efficiencies.
You will develop relationships with devolved departments and understand their purchasing needs to ensure that centrally developed deals meet their requirements, and to encourage the adoption by departments of purchasing best practice whilst ensuring compliance with the organisations purchasing guidelines and any applicable legal requirements.
You will provide professional purchasing services and commercial expertise to all the internal customers (devolved departments). You will be responsible for managing relationships and high value projects (>Â£100k) with external suppliers on behalf of the employer to fully leverage the spend and ensure value for money is achieved.
Furthermore the Job holder will work with Purchasing Managers/Senior Purchasing Managers and devolved departments in identifying category management and supplier relationship management opportunities, and developing these opportunity areas from strategy definition to implementation to realise savings and efficiencies.
- Any industry background welcome, so long as you have 2+ years experience sourcing indirect category areas.
- Experience in a role where you have played a supported team members in tendering; assisting with the production of tender documents, service specifications, evaluation criteria etc.
- To advise colleagues about the procurement of goods, services and works and how to achieve best practice procurement.
- To assist in the identification of strategic procurement opportunities such as supplier rationalisation, cash and efficiency savings etc.
- To support the development of standard documents and templates for procurement exercises.
- To produce such regular and ad-hoc reports as may be required.
- To maintain up to date procurement information on the intranet
- CIPS qualified or happy to work towards
Please apply now to be considered.