£60000 - £70000 per annum
8 months ago
Role: Travel, Fleet Meetings/Events and Office Supplies Category Manager
Salary: £55k-£70k + Package
To provide sourcing expertise and leadership to the Travel, Fleet, Meetings/Events and Office categories. Support and input to the global, regional and cluster category as this pertains to the development and execution of category sourcing strategies, sourcing operations and performance management.
Attached is a job spec for the role, however in addition I am looking for the following:
* We have just completed a global tender for our TMC (Travel Management Company) and we are in the implementation phase at present. Whilst we are not changing our TMC in most markets there is a requirement to implement OBTs (Online Booking Tools) in multiple markets and a new reporting suite across the region
* Consequently I am looking for a Procurement Professional who has Travel experience and specifically has proven experience in change management across multiple markets
* As usual stakeholder management, communication skills are essential, experience of contract creation/development is also key
* Regional or Global experience is also essential as this role covers 34 markets and multiple stakeholders
* Category spend circa $40 mill annually
- Just to put this into context, the incumbent is an experienced procurement/sourcing professional, with excellent knowledge of the Travel space and hands on experience of TMC change management
- So ideally I am looking for a Procurement Professional with Regional or Global Travel experience (Fleet/Meeting/Office is not essential).
- Having recruited for this role in the past, candidates who have come up through the Travel business but have little or no strategic sourcing category management are not suitable