£70000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits Package
11 months ago
A Head of Procurement Operations is needed to join an incredibly unique and innovative manufacturing organisation currently experiencing significant change, based in Berkshire. This is a key senior leadership role, paying up to £90k + Benefits. It is an incredible opportunity for a strategic procurement operational leader with a proven track record implementing category management whilst policing the process within a greenfield environment, looking to impact the direction of the Procurement & Supply Chain function.
As Head of Procurement Operations, you will be responsible for defining short-term and long-term strategies on all category spend initiatives within the organisation. The nature of the company ensures that the terms of engagement with suppliers will be quite unique, promising to make many aspects of the role interesting and challenging, even for the most highly-rated of procurement professionals in the industry.
A FTSE250 manufacturing organisation, currently undergoing significant change, with the vision to transform a tactical and transactional function into something far more strategic, aligned with longer term objectives, with the end goal of achieving significant savings and establishing relationships with the right suppliers moving forwards.
Your key responsibilities:
- You will be leading the transformational programme by developing complex strategies across several sectors and categories whilst encompassing a holistic approach covering strategic demand planning and supply-side dynamics.
- Broken down into many sub-categories, it will be your responsibility to analyse the current state-of-play, recognise if the process is working and know when to intervene with a remedy whilst demonstrating the functions performance through complex data .
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders up to board level and cross-functionally.
- Assess the long-term needs of the organisation, not just the short-term.
- You will be able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of category management practice experience e.g. category strategy, strategic sourcing and SRM.
- Ability to develop both long and short-run procurement activities in conjunction with business customers and stakeholders
- Clear experience in monitoring and measuring process compliance both internally and regulatory/contractual
- Proven background in the development of and understanding how market intelligence can add value to category management.
- Ability to work quickly across multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously.
- Ideally a background with a global blue-chip organisation in either the manufacturing, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, energy, utilities, engineering, defence or aerospace industries.
If you believe you have the right skill set to implement the significant change our client are looking to achieve, please do apply for the role below or give Brad Mills a call on 01483 212 190.