£70000 - £85000 per annum + Competitive package
about 1 year ago
1st Executive are recruiting on behalf our our client to identify a Head of Procurement - Logistics. As a Global Category Manager, based in Northamptonshire or London, you will ensure that the Supply Chain/Logistics function has the most appropriate end to end Procurement & sourcing strategies, commercial agreements and relationships in place with its vendors delivering optimum commercial value.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of c. £70m Supply Chain spend per annum and will use strategic sourcing methodology to deliver targeted annual cost savings.
You will work together with key stakeholders to develop appropriate spend strategies that will enable transformative geographic and structural supply changes to maximise & deliver value to the business across the next 3 years.
Your passion for procurement and strong communication skills allow you to take people on a journey and encourage and drive a culture of change through the business as a result.
Applicants should be experienced Logistics Category Procurement leaders having commercially sourced a wealth of categories including Global Freight, Small Packaging, Outsourcing, Maintenance, Network Design etc
And will have:
- Up-to-date knowledge of Supply Chain industry sourcing trends and industry benchmarks with a keen commercial and digital focus
- A strong track record of achievement in strategic sourcing, Supply Chain procurement & category management
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing global Supply Chain sourcing strategies
- Senior Stakeholder management experience with proven strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of developing and running vendor management programmes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and 3rd party suppliers to meet / exceed business objectives
- Experience of delivering category supply solutions involving a high degree of complexity in a large multi-cultural business and internationally distributed matrix organisation