€165000 - €185000 per annum + LTIP + benefits
GR - J11661_1535017993
10 months ago
Role: Head of Procurement
Location: Luxembourg (2 days / week home office)
Remuneration: €165-185k base + LTIP
Languages: English (business language), and either fluent French or fluent German
1st Executive are currently retained with a Global 500 organisation, currently establishing a new procurement department to manage a previously unaddressed spend.
Working for a leading brand, you will be someone who enjoys establishing, building and growing teams, in an environment that can ambiguous and entrepreneurial.
Stepping into a completely greenfield environment, your first responsibilities will be to take ownership of the spend and to start building a team of experienced category managers as well as graduate hires.
Working with suppliers who have a monopoly, you will be someone who can lead bespoke cost modelling, clean sheet calculations and utilise VA/VE principles.
Having experience in a decentralised environment, you will be someone who can engage will stakeholder groups European wide.
- You are currently working at a head of position, leading a team of at least 10 other procurement professionals
- Ideally from an automotive background, you have technical experience using VA/VE principles and Cost Modelling. Experience with clean sheet calculations or similar will be beneficial
- You have experience with building and developing teams, both in terms of hiring new headcounts and upskilling existing juniors
- You have experience with transformation and are comfortable stepping into a procurement function where the categories have never been sourced through procurement before
- You have experience with leading large direct categories (€250MM+), for stakeholder groups that international located
- You are able to deliver results when working with suppliers who have an absolute monopoly
- You have a strong academic background
- You are able to travel c.20%