Manchester, Greater Manchester
£100000 - £130000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
7 months ago
Head of IT Procurement - £125K
Our client, a leading Financial Services organisation, with a track-record of embracing innovation and creativity, seeks to recruit a Head of IT Procurement with extensive IT & Technology procurement experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to lead the development of IT procurement strategy, embracing the value proposition of a best-in class Global Procurement function.
As a Head of IT Procurement, you will lead the development of IT & Technology procurement strategy across all business units within a complex Financial Services Global business model. In turn, you will manage all associated commercial procurement activity to drive value creation and minimise total cost of ownership. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the full procurement life cycle from initial strategy, tendering, and contract award through to transition, contract management and termination.
- You'll be responsible for translating innovation and ideas into comprehensive procurement proposals, formulating presentations and reports to influence senior stakeholders
- Responsible in working across the full end-to-end 7 step procurement process (business requirements to contract execution & performance management).
- You will lead the strategic procurement process, providing direction and oversight to leverage the size and scale of the Group's Global procurement power through robust contract negotiations, supplier selection and management of the commercial aspects of the 3rd party supplier relationships
- Ensure that the above delivers end-to-end commercial, contractual and relationship lifecycle value, in the eyes of key stakeholders and from the bottom line.
- You'll report and track financial benefits versus pipeline and targets, identifying potential risks
- Compliance to all procurement policies, procedures and systems providing an efficient and auditable sourcing trail that will ensure robust risk management
As the successful candidate, you will present a broad IT & Technology Procurement background:
- Experience of managing and developing IT & Technology Procurement strategies (ideally incluing Software Development and ADAM)
- Strong Leadership qualities and managing high performing teams
- Excellent track record of challenging and influencing IT stakeholders
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent academic pedigree