£100000 - £140000 per annum + benefits package and bonus
6 months ago
Commercially strong Director of Procurement required with experience of influencing across international stakeholder communities for an exciting V/C backed, greenfield opportunity. You will be responsible for the full end to end procurement cycle including contract management and SRM. Whilst you will be managing a small team this role will require you to lead by example and negotiate directly with suppliers.
- Establish and manage end to end procurement across all business units and functions.
- Establish, lead and expand the function from greenfield to meet business growth across a global footprint
- Take overall responsibility for conformance to legislation; supply chain management; commercial governance; policy and procedures for selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement (including "build or buy" criteria, and benchmarking performance)
- Lead complex supplier negotiations with a particular focus on technology category - software, hardware, and services including licence and contract management
- Coach and manage individuals to meet their goals
- Exposure to different cultures and nationalities. You must have demonstrable experience of a 'global mindset' within a fast moving environment
- Be able to roll your sleeves up and lead supplier negotiations
- Have a strong IT category background and able to drive the best commercials with main suppliers such as IBM/Microsoft
- Be happy managing the entire Procurement life cycle including global category management, contract and vendor management, risk and governance
- Be able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and win their trust
The client are looking to shortlist cv's by Wednesday 27th January. Therefore, please do not wait, rather in the first instance submit your cv to email@example.com in order to facilitate an initial conversation. Only candidates matching the requirements above will be considered.