£70000 - £90000 per annum + + package
3 months ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Engineering & Construction Services (EPC, EPCM, Civils, M&P, E&I)
Hybrid: Central London, 50% work from home
Salary: £70-90k + package
Excellent greenfield opportunity to sculpt, lead and influence within a PE-backed company leading the way in sustainable recycling and driving forwards the circular economy.
Greenfield role perfect for an experienced Category Manager with experience of Engineering & Construction Services across EPC, EPCM, Civils, M&P, E&I to bring best practice expertise to an exciting company embarking on a procurement transformation programme. You will sculpt and create global strategic category management with a high degree of visibility within the company.
Perfect role to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment. The preferred candidate will be given the freedom to heavily influence the development of the category and the procurement function within a growing firm.
You will responsible for:
- The development and implementation of global category and sourcing strategies for the specified category/subcategories
- Full commercial management of the category - managing all associated commercial activity to achieve value creation and minimise the total cost of ownership
- Development of long-term value generation and risk mitigation strategies
- Driving compliance to sourcing strategies in functional areas and proactively manage contract and vendor performance
- Leading all procurement portfolio activities including market engagement, tender processes, commercial and contract negotiations, vendor performance and supplier risk management
- Providing guidance and support to Regional Procurement Managers in line with category plans
- Experience of >€100M construction projects would be advantageous; knowledge of NEC and FIDIC contracts would be advantageous; experience of leading negotiations with EPCs / EPCMs globally is essential and specific experience of Asia and USA markets is advantageous
- Commercially astute, with experience of assessing external supply markets and skilled in developing (and translating opportunities) into long term category plans/ strategies
- Knowledge and experience of leading tools, techniques and processes covering category strategy development
- Ability to lead, persuade, influence internal business partners through a period of change, managing the transition and implementation of category management led procurement approach - tactically and strategically
- Adept at drafting /reviewing/ negotiating contracts including MSAs and Global Framework Agreements
- Willing to travel internationally