Global Category Specialist - Raw Materials, €72k
Amsterdam, North Holland
€55000 - €72000 per annum + bonus + package
7 months ago
Role: Global Category Specialist - Raw Materials
Location: Amsterdam - 50% home office, with some global travel
Salary: Up to €72k + bonus + package
Rapidly growing global corporation seeks Raw Material Category Specialist to help become number one in the market. Huge opportunity for career advancement due to the pace of growth of the company and global procurement transformation.
Perfect role for a procurement professional with 2-3+ years of procurement experience looking for their next progression step. Exciting role to drive and develop your own Raw Materials category forward, globally, with full end-to-end strategic responsibilities. Over €70m spend.
- Development, ownership and execution of short to mid-term (1-3 years) Category strategy utilising procurement processes (Product Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Negotiations, Supplier Performance Management, Contact Management, Risk Management, etc)
- Leverage SRM to drive innovation, sustainability and additional value to the category.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities with the focus on TCO and efficiency improvements
- Communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels to gain commitment to the category plan.
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the company to ensure that global category plans use proper project management tools.
- Using stakeholder and supplier networks, identify continuous improvement and step-change opportunities for product and service specifications.
- Working with stakeholders, identify and quantify trade-offs between cost, quality, service and develop alternative options.
- As part of the global category team, assist with shaping the development of category plans and strategies.
- Work both independently and with Group Legal to negotiate favourable contract terms.
- 2-3+ years of relevant strategic procurement experience
- Strong stakeholder management, with excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, stakeholders and contract
- Fluent English
If of interest, please apply to this advert ASAP