£400 - £550 per day
12 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a global commercial FM service provider, leaders within the property and real estate management industry. Currently undergoing change within their business, they seeking an experienced FM Operations Manager to lead a number of on-going projects relating to the improvement of delivery performance in FM services, with one of their key European accounts. An excellent opportunity that would add valuable experience to any operations managers' profile!
- The Operations Manager holds full accountability for the delivery of the local FM services to the customer, covering all sites in scope within the allocated Northern Europe territory. This will include operational responsibility for the UK, which is of particular importance as a large R&D campus, but also the location of the client FM team and further sites in Europe, which are large complex R&D and Production sites.
- Leads a team providing facilities management services across a wide range of activities for hard and soft services. Ensures improvements are achieved and maintained and a proper balance is achieved between responding to client requests and maintaining high standards and cost effectiveness.
- Drives for growth and supports cross-selling activities.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities to drive the performance across this expanding business and team
- Ensures the overall performance of the contract and required deliverables including: contract compliance, performance management against KPI's, cost savings initiatives, and customer satisfaction
- Is responsible for the FM services in territory, supporting with strong technical knowledge
- Ensures the successful implementation of portfolio-wide initiatives and programs including: savings program, energy program, HSSE, playbooks, training & development, and succession planning
- Has a strong analytical and problem solving approach applying value creation / innovation across FM services / supply chain
- Works in demanding environments, managing change, multiple projects and deadlines
- Establishes effective business relationships with the customer, and interacts with client personnel at all levels - and where possible be responsive to their needs in a collaborative style
- Provides guidance and solution in respect of non-controllable costs and threshold expenditure
- Adheres to the contract governance schedule and ensures all monthly reports are presented to a high quality and on time
- Participates and contributes to the overall service and financial performance of the provider, through collaboration with other business leaders
- Has a strategic overview of procurement activities, ensuring best practise, competitive pricing, and development of strategic supplier relationships and proactive delivery of services
- Manages the total facilities expenditure vs. budget and runs (monthly) variance analysis
- Has the ability to review and analyse complex financial / business reports / data and generates innovative solutions / corrective action plans
- At least 10 years' experience in an integrated FM role in a wider geography / clear evidence of cross-functional experience in an outsourced environment
- Industrial networking and the ability to keep up date with best practice in an R&D environment
- A change agent with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of workplace health & safety
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Experienced in driving and closing out operational change
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Frequent travel within the Northern Europe territory will be a requirement of this role
- Engineering, property, or business related degree or equivalent
- Recognised, facilities management professional qualification