Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£65000 - £95000 per annum + + additional benefits
6 months ago
With their sustainability approached and great ethic across all their activities! We have a fantastic job opportunity to join a large retail and commercial financial institution.
You are a mission driven ESG and Climate Strategy professional with the ambition to develop and deliver and implement Climate Strategy as part of the broader Sustainability vision. This role will go beyond climate risk to consider related opportunities, strategic partnerships, and our ambition. It will be a key enabler of our Sustainability Strategy and Group-wide ambition to be a more responsible
Role: ESG and Climate Change Manager
Location: Fully remote, travel to Milton Keynes occasionally required
Salary: up to £94K + car allowance and attractive benefits
You will have In-depth knowledge and expertise in ESG and in particular climate change and its related drivers including regulation, frameworks, taxonomies and international principles, and their specific application to Financial Services. You will have effective stakeholder management skills, working in close collaboration with partners, working groups, and senior stakeholders to ensure the approval and delivery of the long-term strategy
It would also be nice for you to have:
- Strategic planning skills with experience of driving change across a complex organisation
- General knowledge of Financial Services industry and macroeconomic and regulatory drivers.
- General understanding of scenario modelling and how this could be used to develop and deliver on a holistic climate strategy
About the job:
- Developing climate strategy, leveraging expertise and knowledge of market trends, risk and opportunity analysis, and the position of peers.
- Continues to comply with increasing regulation on climate and improve our TCFD disclosures to meet investors and regulator expectations.
- Engaging with business divisions to define climate change priorities and commitments, ensuring alignment with business priorities.
- Exploring commercial opportunities and advising the business (e.g. explore mobility solutions with CF).
- Reviewing governance to empower the business to drive climate strategic actions and support coordination of working groups.
- Identifying and collaborating with external bodies and organisations as appropriate to drive execution of strategy.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.