Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£250 - £300 per day
8 months ago
Fantastic opportunity for any Direct Procurement Specialists with a background in Medical Devices/Pharmaceuticals is required for a leading manufacturing organisation in East Yorkshire. Initially a 3-month contract likely to extend, paying a competitive rate of up to £280p/d.
As the New Product Introduction Direct Procurement Specialist, you are the primary procurement interface for new product introductions to grow the company product portfolio. This role is to actively work and contribute to multiple cross-functional internal functions, which include R&D, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, Product Development, Marketing, Regulatory and Supply Chain.
Key accountabilities include:
- Protecting and elevating the reputation of our client.
- Enhance margin and profitability.
- Creating shared value with their suppliers.
- Accelerate revenue growth through rapid New Product Introduction (NPI) execution.
- Design an agile and reliable supplier network, through balanced risk management.
- 3 - 5 years in a Procurement role
- Work experience in medical device, or similar regulated industry (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Biologics) desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple, complex projects via participation on several cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of e-sourcing systems including SAP Finance suite and Ariba or comparable systems' experience required.
- Demonstrated ability and agility in working in a highly matrixed organization with dotted-line reporting relationships.
- Sense of urgency and accountability to deliver assigned tasks according to agreed action dates to support the overall team.
- Self-motivated with resourcefulness to work independently and to request support and/or resources as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks, objectives, and plans; communicate to Procurement team, NPI team members and external suppliers accordingly.
- Ability to organize complex work assignments and operate independently within procedural guidelines.
This is a vital position for our client and an urgent need, candidates with strong experience working in Direct Procurement functions ideally from a Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical background should get in touch to find out more ASAP.
If you would like to be considered, please apply for this position and if you have any questions, call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.