£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
5 months ago
Contracts Manager - £55K
Are you a Legal qualified Contracts Advisor looking for the opportunity to provide commercial support to a FTSE 100 Procurement function? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to undertake a newly created role in a high profile Procurement function with responsibility for a spend portfolio of £1bn +.
The contract manager will be required to provide dedicated commercial contract support across the breadth of the 3rd party supply base. Acting as a primary contact between the procurement team and the corporate legal council, the jobholder will ensure that all legal and contractual matters relating to complex procurement negotiations are addressed in a timely and efficient manager. Furthermore, the jobholder will provide on-going coaching and training to the procurement team in regards to legal review and interpretation. The jobholder will ensure that contracts are built and constructed in line with 'best-practice' guidelines and frameworks.
The jobholder will also be tasked with maintaining a central contracts repository and will have responsibility for ensuring that this database is maintained. In turn, the jobholder will provide reporting on contract modifications, status and compliance. This also includes the coordination and undertaking of contract audit exercises.
- Strong understanding of contract law and good working knowledge of different forms of contract for goods, works and services.
- Legal/Law Degree and or LPC Qualification is essential
- A paralegal certificate is also considered beneficial
- Ability to convey legal positions as well as clarify ambiguities in regard to contract clauses
- Knowledge and experience of working within a Procurement environment is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills - able to build relationships and trust within the team and wider business quickly