£300 - £400 per day
8 months ago
Fantastic opportunity for an Interim Category Specialist within the Oil & Gas upstream industry. This is an excellent opportunity for any procurement professionals with experience buying upstream O&G equipment, with a strong focus on Valves, Pipes and Umbilical's. This role will be sourcing through e-procurement so experience using Ariba, SAP or Backbone is a requirement. This is a long 8-month contract paying a competitive rate so is not to be missed.
If you have experience sourcing upstream O&G equipment for large operators or businesses within the industry, with experience specifically procuring Valves, pipes or umbilical's, then this could certainly be a position of interest.
This Category Specialist will be accountable for all Eastern Hemisphere third-party spend for the Projects & Modifications category.
The role will deliver business value, ensure compliance, and reduce operational risk through efficient and effective delivery in line with demand plans. Other key accountabilities include development of the category management plans, a global category strategy, sourcing and post-award supplier Management.
- Deliver value through effective and efficient support of regional sourcing activity; using the provisions of Category Management Common Process (CMcp)
- Sourcing Upstream Oil & Gas equipment including Valves, Pipes and Umbilical's.
- Developing and implementing Global Category Strategy + Global Category Guidance.
- Drive the development of contracts / procurement plans, with demand data for assigned sub-categories. Work with Regional procurement and Line representatives to align contracts/procurement with most current business plans.
- Conduct relevant due diligence processes and secure required internal and external approvals necessary to comply with JV partners, Production Sharing Contracts/Agreements requirements related to company managed procurement activities.
- Execute sourcing activities typically including - development of bid packages, supporting bid proposal evaluation, providing analysis of results, and compiling recommendations to award to secure relevant internal and external approvals.
- Conduct/support contract negotiations ensuring company standard contract terms and conditions are used to the maximum extent possible. All deviations from the standard will be properly reviewed and approved in compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Support regional post-award contract management and administration. This may involve resolution of queries, supporting timely supplier invoice approvals, processing and tracking supplier change requests, monitoring contract expiration dates and ensuring extensions or renewals are executed to support continuing service delivery to the business.
- Lead global supplier performance management activities & supplier relationship management activities, such as KPI performance tracking, collaborating and supporting account managers and other activities intended to drive better supplier performance.
- Plan and execute compliance activities including audit resolution as applicable.
- Proven track record working for global Oil & Gas operators.
- Strong experience in upstream procurement & sourcing for major, reputable projects.
- Broad sub-category knowledge across various areas - in particular modification-based commodities.
- Ability to run end-to-end tenders for multi-million £ value requirements, engaging with major O&G sub-contractors.
- Ideally you will have a track record across the Eastern hemisphere and/or Africa.
- Ability to navigate a complex network of stakeholders, both internal and external and based internationally.
- Experience sourcing upstream equipment, with a strong focus on Valves. Experience sourcing Pipes and Umbilical's is also favoured.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
If this role is of interest, please apply now as this role is an urgent need. If you have any questions, please call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.