£350 - £400 per day
3 months ago
An Interim Category Sourcing Manager at £350-400p/d is required for a global FTSE100 Energy and Oil & Gas Supermajor based in Greater London. A 6-month contract, likely to extend, this is an exciting opportunity within the GBS function for a candidate with a strong blue-chip background.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for purchasing for multiple retail technology sub-categories such as Point of Sale (POS) technology, payment systems, hardware, software and in-store IT maintenance and support amongst others. This organisation is a household name and will add valuable experience by working for an extremely dynamic and collaborative procurement function.
- Working with the retail technology sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
- The development of sourcing strategies in alignment with the retail sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives (both local and global);
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places;
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on procurement process and risk management;
- Manages supplier relationships, engagement and involvement;
- Leading the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution;
- Provides on-going contract cost management and risk assessment;
- Championing and supporting the deployment of the appropriate purchase to pay solution;
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned;
- Interfacing where relevant with the Indirect Procurement Operations Centre;
- Work closely with Service Delivery Leads and Service Delivery Coordinators to assure sourcing delivery to the business stakeholders.
- Proven track record in sourcing across broad range of IT products and services
- Desired experience of retail technology sub-categories related to shop/store customer experience i.e. Point of Sale (POS) technology, payment systems, hardware, software and in-store IT maintenance and support.
- Strong IT category knowledge.
- Experience category strategy development and execution
- Strong track record across the full procurement lifecycle - sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Experience executing tactical procurement
- Experience in supplier management
- Experience in e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable (preferably Ariba).
- Good working knowledge of P2P processes, and SAP systems
Experienced in leading and managing projects across virtual teams
We are required to shortlist CVs by close of play on Monday (18/02/19) so if you are interested please call Jamie Mackinlay on 01483213311