Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Package
11 months ago
Category Manager - Materials - Sheffield
1st Executive are currently recruiting for a Category Manager on behalf of an international building materials supplier based in Sheffield, to sit within their procurement team.
We are looking for an experienced procurement practitioner with experience across a range of building materials such as insulation, steel and fittings, partitions, and fire protection.
- Effective negotiation with suppliers within your category
- Drive delivery of the procurement strategy through the Inventory Management process
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers
- Maintain accurate records of supplier negotiations and agreements
- To analyse key suppliers' supply chain, monitor key indicators & de-risk/flag early the impact of supply chain disruption
- Work with the sales team to ensure sales and procurement are in alignment.
You will have the following qualifications and skills in order to be successful in this role:
- Degree or CIPS
- 2-5 years experience delivering profit enhancement in high volume categories
- Proven track record in delivering results and financial targets
- Strong and flexible negotiator with strategic influencing skills
- Full understanding and experience of category management
- Possess a high level of contract drafting skills
If you are interested in this Category Manager - Materials - Sheffield role then please contact me today on 01483 212183.