£400 - £500 per day
7 months ago
An opportunity for an experienced IT Category Manager to join a FTSE100 Oil and Gas SuperMajor. This is an excellent role for any IT Category mangers with strong experience in Software Licencing procurement, as well as negotiating multi-million commercial IT contracts. Initially a long 6 month contract, paying up to £450p/d.
This role sits within a team with responsibility for all strategic sourcing, negotiation and supplier management within the software and hardware categories.
- Develop working relationships with internal stakeholders (ie. BP's Mergers & Acquisitions team) and external stakeholders (ie. third party buyers) to ensure appropriate alignment & awareness of current & future business demand
- Develop understanding & knowledge of key contracts with specific emphasis on the contractual rights & obligations with regards to novation and assignment of software licences to/from third parties who are acquiring/divesting assets
- Where necessary, negotiate appropriate licence agreements (engaging BP Legal & Finance as required) for all novations & assignments where such rights may not be secured within existing agreements
- Develop appropriate internal governance to effectively manage known demand, co-ordinating with internal vendor relationship managers to ensure appropriate obligations tracking and value leakage prevention
- Where necessary, execute the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract development & execution
- Material and demonstrable expertise in software licensing procurement, vendor management and negotiating multi-million commercial IT contracts
- Experience of negotiating & managing the contractual & commercial aspects of software licensing agreements
- Ability to engage mid to senior business and IT personnel in an influential manner, to win over stakeholder consensus
- Experience in understanding and articulating business requirements fit for contracting purposes
- Specific experience of operating within a global matrixed organisation, with a proven track record of influencing large teams of a diverse nature
- Specific and in depth understanding of the IT category supply market and value drivers
If you are an IT Category Manager with the required experience, please apply for the role now, and any questions please call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.