£42000 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
Category Manager - Clinical/Pharmaceutical
Our client, a growing organisation, within the Medical/Clinical sector, have fantastic opportunities available within Contracts and Category Management . These positions boast excellent scope for training, development and career progression internally and represent a unique opportunity for intelligent, dynamic and commercially aware candidates to move into a new vocation and enjoy a new career with plenty of opportunity for progression and growth in Purchasing / Supply Chain.
- Managing a portfolio of suppliers covering the full end-to-end process for goods and services within the Medical/Pharmaceutical and Clinical category areas
- Identifying potential new suppliers and/or products and integrating these into the overall strategy, as well as rationalisation of suppliers/products where necessary.
- Measuring KPIs of suppliers and identify issues that arise as well as conducting Root Cause Analysis do determine core issues.
- Mentoring will be provided from senior members of staff across all areas of procurement, purchasing, supply chain and logistics.
- You will have professional experience within any of the Categories of Medical/Clinical/Pharmaceutical or Raw Materials products, or you could be a Pharmacist looking to move into more of a category management role.
- You will be a dynamic, forward-thinking individual with strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate the logic behind your decisions in a diplomatic yet assertive fashion.
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to identify Root of Cause and come up with potential solutions.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to focus on how your delivery affects the bottom line of a business.
- Excellent learning skills are essential - candidates must demonstrate a real passion to succeed in a high-pressure purchasing environment, keen to develop your skills and forge a firm career development path within procurement