£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
5 months ago
Senior Buyer/Category Manager - Food & Beverages/Catering £40,000 - £50,000 (Thame, Oxford)
Role: Senior Buyer/Category Manger - (Hybrid working 3 days on site & 2 days from home)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus
Location: Thame, Oxford, United Kingdom
I am currently working with a client of mine who are well recognised as being one of the leading providers within the hospitality sector. With a rich history and a presence all over the world this is certainly an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to move into their next role.
The role will see you work closely with the commercial Procurement Director. You will report into the Head of Category and will be a key part of the Strategic Category team to best bring positive change to the business and Purchasing function.
This role requires someone who is a forward-thinking leader, commercially focused with a strong team ethic. You will be leading end to end procurement processes across several Categories while assuring best practise within supplier, stakeholder and Contract management.
- Proactively developing sourcing strategies and embedding Category Management across designated categories of spend and managing the end-to-end procurement process across a broad variety of procurement initiatives.
- Identify critical goods and services to support company strategy and develop contingency plans.
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships.
- Lead negotiations, develop & award contracts with adherence to and management of best practices and Procurement policy in line with Delegated Levels of Authorities.
- Developing, implementing and driving compliance to Procurement processes, policies and systems.
- Leading in the development of market research to deliver data driven insights to stakeholders to support cost saving and service improvement initiatives so that more informed business decisions can be made.
- Working strategically with suppliers to drive innovative efficiency initiatives using Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Proven success in contract negotiations and being able to evidence sustainability of those benefits long term.
- Ideally degree qualified or MCIPs degree. (But not essential)
- Ideally experienced in the Food/Beverages or catering/hospitality industry. (But not essential)
- Experience of embedding strategic procurement sustainability initiatives within a supply chain.
- Experience of challenging teams on costs, spend controls, demand management, specification requirements, the 'status quo' and to adopt life cycle costing techniques.
- The ability to assimilate and validate data/information from multiple sources.
- Having proven success in contract negotiations and being able to evidence sustainability of those benefits long term.
- Strong negotiation skills with key influencing skills.
- Driven & Commercial mindset to make positive changes throughout.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills previously shown.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation.
If you are interested in this role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.