Up to £240 per day
SS - 14274_1602627263
8 months ago
Category Manager - 12 Month Contract
Category Manager required for 12 month contract with a public sector body in Oxford.
- Actively supporting the delivery of the Procurement Strategy, leading on an agreed range of industrial and construction categories working with the service to manage the end to end supply and delivery, ensuring that suppliers provide competitive pricing and support effective outcomes for ODS in its trading activities.
- Build knowledge and expertise across the business in developing a whole life cost approach in the appointment and management of a range of categories that support the success of the business operating in a commercial environment.
- Building category plans that provide resilience and embed the "doing good" approach to the selection and appointment of suppliers
- Proactively lead, manage and deliver new supply contracts using the most appropriate routes to market that consider consider resilience and visibility of supply chains
- CIPS Advanced or Professional Diploma in Procurement & Supply (L5/L6) requirement
- Experience of leading procurement activities in both the public and private sector
- Experience of managing procurement activities ideally in construction, FM,
- A track record of delivering and improving outcomes through demonstrating a commercial approach to procurement , working with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience of drafting tender specifications and evaluation criteria
- Knowledge of commercial contract clauses and the application of such
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience
- Proven experience of managing the end to end procurement cycle and delivering savings and improvements to the service
- Good analytical skills and ability to make evidence based decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note this role falls within the scope of IR35.