£45000 - £55000 per annum + plus car allowance and package
9 months ago
Category Buyer - Fresh Produce
My client a Major Food organisation are seeking to recruit an experienced purchasing individual with strong experience in the purchase of Fruit, Vegetables and Fresh Produce and experience of working with contacts from source (Farmers and Growers). You will take responsibility for a global spend and be involved in building strong relationships.
- Regular review of supplier performance and strategy.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting and meeting existing suppliers, building and maintaining relationships with them.
- Work closely with suppliers at source, with involvement in seasonal forecasting
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress.
- Forecasting cost trends and their impact on activity. Acting on these trends.
- To engage and utilise key technical experts within the business to ensure product quality, consistency and safety.
- Significant previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of a procurement category strategy
- Experience gained within Food, Food Service, Wholesale or Retail Grocery background preferred
- Experienced negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Experience in purchasing of Fresh produce.
- Understanding of relevant strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approaches and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
- Experienced in complex stakeholder management
- Experience of working with suppliers at source (farmers and growers)
- Good experience in managing and delivering projects on time in international and cross-entity settings