£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Roles: Capital Projects Procurement Manager
Employment Type: Permanent (they can also offer an FTC or interim up to £390pd if preferred)
Salary: Up to £65k + package
Location: Farnborough - Hampshire
Excellent opportunity to join a leading consultancy company and work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK.
3 days a week in Hampshire, remote working 2 days a week.
Engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) experience required.
Experience in a chemical background preferred.
- Lead project-specific contracting and procurement strategy design and deployment in accordance with the Sector and Group Procurement and Capital Projects Operating Model, Policies and Standards to ensure successful project delivery by:
- Leading effective business partnership for project managers for the development and improvement of business requirements, optimising security of supply, commercial agility, drives responsibly sourced sustainable value, which contributes to business profitability and cash flow; as well as successful delivery of the project(s).
- Owning the sourcing process, supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and relationship management of critical suppliers to the projects, critical process equipment manufacturer.
- Building and maintaining the consolidated master vendor list based on the procurement strategies for the project(s) across the Sector.
- Ensuring full compliance of mandatory procurement compliance procedures and policies, such obligations are clearly defined into relevant contracts and robustly monitored.
- Demonstrable experience as a Contract or Procurement Manager on major capital projects. Ability to shape contracting strategy for all phases of a major capital project and communicate them effectively.
- Experience in a brownfield operating location, particularly regarding understanding of brownfield project delivery risks associated with working alongside an operating plant.
- Significant previous experience of capex contracting and use of contract standards with respect to the provision of services or goods ideally in a chemical processing industry.
- Experience in negotiating key contracts both EPC/M and key OEM process equipment manufacturers from a client/owner perspective. Aligning the EPCM to the overall requirements of the contracting strategy with detailed supplier vendor management and transparency of the value chain opportunities within the EPCM's execution methodology
- Good understanding of deliverables and interfaces between engineering, contracts and procurement, construction and commissioning. A successful track record of delivering contract value via technical teams, including contractors and suppliers.
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact email@example.com to find out more.