Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£22000 - £26000 per annum
6 months ago
1st Executive is recruiting on behalf of a high-profile Public Services institution. Our client seeks to recruit a Buyer to look after the Educational category - this is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation investing heavily in the the procurement function
Your goal is to ensure that spend potential is maximised across the breadth of the function
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure alignment, deliver value for money and achieve the strategic aims.
- Implementation of procurement strategy and objectives such as spend profiling, opportunity analysis and procurement benchmarking, smarter sourcing in relation to both pre and post tender processes.
- Deliver and manage procurement's above a specified spend level from source to contract, and overseeing the effective implementation of the contract award process
- Delivering Key Cross Functional Projects across the business
- Experience working in the Public Sector is preferred
- Experience of delivering end to end tender exercises in line with OJEU
- Experience looking after an educational procurement function is advantageous
- Ideally, Degree and CIPS qualified/working toward