West Sussex, England
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits Package
6 months ago
1st Executive are working with an unique automotive manufacturer, based in West Sussex, who are seeking to recruit a buyer to strengthen their procurement team. This is an excellent opportunity for upward track procurement individuals to join their rapidly expanding team during an exciting period of transformation, following the recent appointment of a new Procurement Director.
Location: West Sussex
Title: Buyer (Manufacturing)
Salary: Up to £40k + Benefits Package
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct & Indirect procurement
- Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
- Competitive bidding, negotiation and quotation analysis, compliant with company policy and procedures.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans. Shortage reporting and resolution. Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process
- Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
- Procurement support to the facilities management team.
- Occasional support for Import Export function.
- Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing / engineering industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Experience of indirect procurement
- Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
If this role is of interest, please contact Alec Farlow on 01483 213 315 or apply below.